Skip to main content

The Button!


By: Chris Churcill/Contributor


Hey guys. 

Big news. Big fake news. I’m so excited to be the one to be here to report it to you. The scientists have really done it. They’ve figured it out. I think it’s really going to happen this time. The research is back and it appears that it works. Here it is:


They have come up with this new invention where you can just kill anyone you want with the push of the button. It’s called “The Button”! How simple is that?


How does it work? It’s really science-y and I don’t fully understand it. Just call it magic. It may as well be. Someone makes you want them dead? The Button is here to facilitate your action! What a perfect invention!


The Button is super easy, too. Some people say it’s too easy but how can we, in good conscience, and in respect to scientific progress, say that something can be too easy? It’s why we make machines. To make work easier. 


Anyway, enough of my moralizing. Here’s what you do: You simply purchase the button from a Walgreens or CVS or even your nearest gas station. The packaging is beautiful. It’s like a glowing purple tinted version of the good ol’ red, white and blue with a bull riding a bald eagle into battle. Both of them are shooting hate lasers from their eyes. Point is, the packaging really gets to you. Really speaks to the fear and patriotism deep inside you. It's cheap too. It's like four bucks. Pretty much anybody can get one. Buy one for yourself. Get one for your spouse and one for each of your kids. It's cheap enough that everyone can have one. 


This is how it works: open the beautifully designed box and peel out the transparent, dime sized button and affix it to your hand. Then, when you want someone to die, push the button while thinking of them. It's instantaneous. Easy!


And it’s untraceable. No trail. They’ll never know YOU did anything! In fact, if you knew them, expect a stunned phone call from a mutual friend telling all about how the person you hate is dead now. 

Did I mention it's cheap? Because it is! So cheap that ANYONE can get their hands on one considering that ever your worst enemy can get one (not to mention CRAZY people), you can't afford NOT to get yours.


Get yours before they get theirs so you can get them before they get your! It's YOUR right as an American.


Sure, some people say it probably shouldn’t be legal. But, when it comes out, we won’t have to listen to them anymore, will we? 

The Button. Get yours now!




Chris Churchill teaches communication, media, and theatre at Northeastern Illinois University.  His/book/audiobook, "Ballad of the Small Talker," is available on Amazon, iTunes, and Spotify  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Political Mascots

By: Chris Churchill/Contributor What the hell does an elephant or a mule have to do with either of these parties today? Are elephants dogmatic, rich and selfish? Are mules empathetic, secular, and over-educated? Not that I know of. Where’s Sir David Attenborough when you need him? And of course, the above attributes aren’t all that make up the two parties. I suggest, based on a series of less tangible traits, that we find new mascots. I hereby nominate, to represent the Republicans, the bonobo.  And to represent the Democrats, the chihuahua.  I want to to disclose a little about myself before I go on. I am from Kansas. I am the son, grandson and great-grandson of Protestant fundamentalist preachers. However, my dad, my siblings and I myself are highly educated. Most of us have advanced degrees in fields that are meant to help others. Psychology, sociology, social work, therapy, communication. These types of things. I think one could find reason to believe that, bas

Book Review: The 1975, Kansas City, Kansas White Pages

By Chris Churchill/Contribuor Sometimes a story is straightforward; easy to understand. Sometimes it is not. Or is it? It is…not. In the case of the books with the more complicated structures, it is often the extreme difficulty understanding what the author is trying to get across that is, in many ways, it’s own reward. “The 1975 Kansas City, Kansas White Pages” is one such case.  It would appear, on first blush, that it is too thick to read in it’s entirety. Is this some sort of dare from an over-literate bumpkin? Is it meant to be read or just ripped in half to impress people? Well, I assure you, it is meant to be read. I sat down in May of 2008 to start out on the extremely rewarding task of decoding this beast. It took me 9 years to read and I lost most of my important personal relationships in the meantime but it was worth it. To start, let me help you get a little ahead of the game. This book has a couple really important devices that help you along. Firstly, not one cha